The K-Beauty guide to reduce dry, cracked lips.
Are dry lips getting the way? Whether it's winter or summer, dry skin can affect not only your usual skin routine but also your day-to-day life.
However, keeping chapped lips at bay shouldn't be a chore. With a few simple steps (and some multi-masking), here are the need-to-knows on how to keep your lips hydrated all year round and the best lip balms we recommend from Oh K!
Tip #1: Drink Plenty of Water
One of the best ways to hydrate your lips without chapstick is to ensure you are keeping yourself hydrated. You will be surprised by how much your skin depends on your water intake - not enough and your skin can dry out, lose its glowing complexion and increase the risk of irritation. Stay hydrated and aim to have between 3-2 litres of water a day.
Tip #2: Opt for a honey lip mask once a week
Beeswax/honey is the key to keeping your lips looking plump. The power-house ingredient protects the skin from environmental damage, whilst also working hard as an antioxidant. Perfect as a 'pre-bedtime' routine, introduce honey to cleanse and get rid of hanging bacteria after make-up.
To introduce honey into your lip-care without the fuss, we recommend using our Oh K! Gold Gel Lip Mask targeted lip mask. Deeply hydrating, the gold and honey extracts are absorbed into the lips through the hydrogel technology, boosting the glow to your skin and keeping hydration locked. As hydrogels are made from the essence themselves, the mask maximises the absorption of the ingredients, leaving your lips soft and smooth.
Tip #3: Ensure you keep your lips hydrated - even before makeup!
Need a cure for chapped lips fast? To ensure you have juicy plumped lips, try the Oh K! Cherry Lip Mask. This hydrogel lip mask is shaped to form your lips, whilst formulated with hydrating wild cherry and violet extracts. Apply before makeup or as part of your regular beauty regime to moisturise and lock-in moisture before lipstick application.
Causes of dry & cracked lips
- Cold weather and lack of moisture.
- Frequent sun exposure in the summer - remember your SPF!
- Little humidity in the air. Ensure your bedroom air is circulated.
- Lack of water and hydration. Dehydration can affect the natural balance of minerals in your body (and lips!)
- Invest in the best moisturisers for dry skin, to also keep your face and body feeling nourished and hydrated.
How to keep your lips moisturised and hydrated
- Use a honey-infused lip mask once a week.
- Ensure your lips are moisturised like your skin before and after make up.
- Use SPF on your lips during the summer to avoid dryness.
- If you have a cold, ensure your use lip balm before you go to bed.
- Drink the recommended 2-3 litres of water a day!